#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, November 07, 2016

I AM THE LAST

I am the last red apple, hanging here alone. I cling to my branch daring the wind to shake me down. How proud I am that I defy winter.
IMG_6706

I am the last flower blooming on the clematis vine turning my head toward the waning sun. The frost has not yet touched me. I am defying winter.
IMG_6737

I am the last of the climbing hydrangea leaves. I shake and quiver in the wind and know that soon my destiny is to be on the ground but I stand firm. I defy winter.
IMG_6730
IMG_6728
I am the last little summer plant still growing in my planter and spreading as I can now. I am defying winter.

IMG_6735
I am the last of the water catching fallen leaves in the pond. Soon my top will be frozen and I will lie cold. For now, I am defying winter.
IMG_6740 

Defying Winter

A lone golden tree
Stands before the gray mountains
Sky is dark clouds, overcast
The tree shines alone
Defying winter’s coming
And hanging tight to its leaves

anonymousIMG_6712

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.