#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Early morning




It's quiet and early morning. The air is crisp while the birds sing in the distance. I walked outside to take a few early morning pictures. It is late August and I know that soon these summer days will be over. 



Some of my flowers are still showy while others seem spent. 

The brown eyed Susans are really putting on a show. As I'm traveling around in my car they are easy to spot around the houses. 

Francesca stand quietly surveying her domain. 

I started these zinnias from seeds and finally after all summer they are flowering beautifully. 


The begonia has been a faithful bloomer all summer long..so dependable. 

The bank from a different angle. I wish you were here to breathe the cool air with me. 

I love it first thing in the morning when all is quiet and the day is just beginning. It's a new slate to write upon. 


2 comments :

  1. Oh, what is that last flower picture? So pretty!

    I wish I were a morning person. I used to be but insomnia in recent years has changed all that. On the rare mornings when I've slept well and wake up early I do feel exactly as you have written about here. Your photos really get that feeling across too, Peggy. And why is it that zinnias take so long to bloom? At least here they will bloom to frost, which is usually late, but your frost date probably happens early, in late September?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Peggy! I'm definitely a morning person. I like to get up and seize the day. I'm currently reading "Wuthering Heights," and I came across a sentence that cracked me up last night: “A person who has not done one half his day's work by ten o'clock, runs a chance of leaving the other half undone.” I pretty much live by that! LOL Some our trees are starting to turn. It's a little early, but I think they have been stressed by our dry summer. OMG ~ Those poor people in Texas! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.