#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Poppies

It's the middle of August and summer is flying by. It was time to pack away my beach decorations. Gone are the shells, starfish and sand dollars into the bin for another year. But I wasn't quite ready to get out the pumpkins yet. IT's a little early for that. 

So out came the poppies....

I found these darling poppy napkins at Ashcombe's...a nursery/gift store near my son's in CArlisle. The square black plates were a gift from my friend and I gathered the red dishes and black and red Chinese bowls in my travels.

I used the leopard patterned place mats and bamboo flatware to give the table a more striking appearance. 

And what is a set table without company so I invited my friends over for dinner. Have you ever tried a new recipe and served it to your friends? I had found a recipe called Chickentti. It sounded good and would use up some of the ingredients that I had... a green pepper..celery...leftover chicken. How could you go wrong with things like that? Maybe I should have know when the recipe came from the FIx it an Forget It Lite Cookbook. All the ingredients were good...broth, cream of celery soup, etc...but when it was all put together it was extremely bland. I had to doctor it up with all kinds of spices and salt to make it presentable. My friends liked it but I must say I've done better. I think I'll add some spicy alfredo sauce to it for dinner tonight.  


2 comments :

  1. I adore poppies, Peggy, so I really loved this table setting ~ It's gorgeous! I like the way the shape of the Chinese bowls echo the shape of the square plates. do you leave your table set up all the time? I hope that you and Don are having a great Thursday ~ Little Sadie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fabulous table, Peggy! I confess that I'm ready for a change too, time for some autumn colors but too early to go whole hog autumn. I must see what I have. I bet your chicken dish was better than you think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.