#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

La Rentree

The French have a special word for it, La Rentrée; in English it is simply referred to as ‘Back to school’. However we choose to call the September post-vacation return, and no matter how far our schooldays are behind us, few would deny that this really is the moment in the year that shouts ‘new beginnings’, ushering in a renewed sense of resolve and purpose that has far more potency than any January resolution. As grown-ups, the brand new pencil case and shiny new pair of school shoes that signal a fresh start are replaced by the new-season updates that we hope will deliver so much more than just the latest look: the confidence-boosting coat, that uplifting new shade of lipstick . . . But it really is the change of attitude that matters most, the yearning to be smarter, more balanced – in short, the eternal quest to finally get life ‘right’.” – Lucy Yeomans, editor-in-chief Porter magazine

I love that feeling. I thought it was because I taught and September meant going back to school and the excitement of starting a new year. Fall is my favorite season and I love the crisp nights and the plaid fashions. 
 I have been a Francophile ever since my two trips to France and love everything French. One of the blogs that I follow is The Simple Luxurious Life which you can find on my sidebar. Shannon Ables provides so much information about the French way of life and ways to enjoy it. You don't have to love France to revel in her tips for living a more simple and pleasurable life. 

She also has a podcast that I listen to...



1 comment :

  1. Oh, Peggy! I love this time of year when school starts again, because to me that has always felt like the true beginning of the year. But I still love brand new school supplies. Five years into retirement, and I'm still cruising the back-to-school specials in all the stores! I can't help myself. I was in Walmart the other day and left with a brand new box of 96 crayons. I couldn't resist! When my husband saw them, he wisely never said a word or rolled his eyes. After all I spent at least $100 a month year round throughout my teaching career on classroom supplies ~ and then some! LOL I'm still trying to get life right! Double LOL Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.