#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

All at once




This early morning I'm sitting here in my favorite chair with a warm fuzzy robe wrapped around my body. Even though it's September there is a slight chill in the air...enough for me to turn on my heated mattress pad for a quick warm up before hopping out of bed. I must admit that I like the crisp weather much better than the oppressive heat of the summer. 
  After a weekend away I'm glad to be back and now the routines of the week will start once more.  My friends and I will meet this morning for coffee and I will tell them of my exciting weekend. It's so nice to be able to relive and talk about my trip with people who are interested and excited for me. Our coffee group was once eight girls but due to different circumstances we are down to from three to six at times. We are even thinking of doing it three times a week instead of every day. I would miss our daily talks but in the winter it might be best. 
     Today I will go up in the attic and find my fall decorations. I am ready to pull out the white pumpkins.  I saw a lot of them this past weekend. There is a trend now for blue painted pumpkins with white ones. It's a subtle look and quite pretty with light green leaves. But it doesn't suit my color scheme.  



I always say I'm going to keep it simple but when I open the bins it's like Christmas and I see such beautiful things that I want to put it all out. Restraint should be the word of the day...we'll see. When I taught one of my favorite things was to change the bulletin boards. It was a chance to use my creativity and make the classroom a lovely place for the students. And decorating my house is like that. I want to have lovely things to look at. 
   Are you settling into your fall routines now? What special things are you doing to get ready for fall?

2 comments :

  1. I love autumn too. I got all my decorations out before Labor Day and we were decorated by the time we left for Matt and Lisa's End of Summer family party in Pittsburgh. One of my favorite things I do is welcome lights in all windows. I put green Christmas garland around the bottom of the candle. Into this garland I arrange autumn leaves and then I put a fall ribbon bow on each candle. I also have autumn fabric I put on the wicker porch furniture. So the porch and gazebo are decorated. The third thing I do is put two of the largest yellow mums I can find at the end of the driveway. There are lots of other things but these are my three favorites. I did see a decoration at Woman's Club that I would like to try. They took white pumpkins and attached fall leaves with hot glue. No bow, just a few leaves. I think I will try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm not home. Instead of decorating my home for autumn, I've taken the easy way out and changed my location. Less daunting! We're in Victoria, at least until early October. I think it's amazing that you and your friends have been meeting daily for so long! Maybe in the winter it would be best to take off icy or snowy days! I do love autumn. Was that a bluish pumpkin I saw to the left of your silver pennies/two little girls vase? I'm having fun catching up on your posts, Peggy. Sending you love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.