#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, September 15, 2017

Living every moment

“I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, desparingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.”  Agatha Christie

“Normal day, Let me be aware of the treasure you are.
Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart.
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.
Let me hold you while I may.”

~Mary Jean Irion

“Never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun.”  Katherine Hepburn

”Life moves pretty fast.  If you don’t stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” –Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

I don’t know about you but time is flying by…and I mean flying!!! The days go so fast and the weekends come so quickly that I wonder where the week went. For someone who is retired it seems I am always busy and have something to do waiting for me. Just keeping up a house seems to take up more time than it used to when I was working. (Or maybe…just maybe…I’m slowing down?) Right now I have a back room just filled up…(you know..the place where everything gets thrown instead of put away…You don’t have one of those, do you?)….and I need to get to it tomorrow. One of the suggestions from my art course, Once Upon a Time in Provence, is that you create a painting space for yourself. It is not selfish to have a spot to call your own. I am using that back bedroom (yes, the same one where everything gets thrown). There is space for a table and I already have in it a lot of art supplies. Dreama (yes, isn’t that a cute name) suggested that you play music when you paint, have quotes or inspirational objects around you, and light candles or some scent to create the creative atmosphere. So this weekend I am going to create a space of my own. Do you have your own space?

“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. … No artist is pleased. [There is] no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer divine dissatisfaction, a blessed unrest that keeps us marching and makes us more alive than the others”

This is from Dreama…….

We can only answer to that which calls to us.

That thing that calls me.
That thing that calls you.
And we each have a unique calling.

THE thing that calls us by name, that wakes us in the night and shakes us gently in our days.
Appearing again and again in unexpected ways and unforeseen times.

It’s important to realize this.

We, you and I, are not missing out on anything that sits in the ‘should’ category.
It was/is not for us.
It is tagged for someone else and is thus calling their name and they are answering that call with all that is within them.

We, you and I, each have our calling and we can only answer to that which calls for us.
With all that lies within us.


― Martha Graham

2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness, yes, yes, yes! I'm printing this one out!

    There are still things I mean to accomplish and sometimes keeping house has to be kept in bounds if I'm to do it. Now keeping a home is an entirely different matter, just do that but I think that and personal goals are intertwined.

    Thank you for this one,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Peggy, and an important reminder. I have my study at home and my favorite spot at the kitchen counter. You deserve a special place! You'll have fun creating it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.