#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 10, 2017

This is Us


My birthday this year is very special because I am spending it with my sisters Diane and Linda. We are having a great time in Virginia.  On Friday I had a special treat when I met a blogging friend of mine. Donna is a great photographer and we went on a photo walk where she was such a great help to me showing me things about my camera and how to compose a shot and add light into it. I am such an admirer of her blog like medicine for Me which you can find on my sidebar. She is so  delightful to be with and is a person who brings joy into your life. Later I will post some of the pictures I took. We spent an hour just walking around the streets of Fredericksburg finding scenes everywhere we went. I wish I lived here so that I could do that everyday with her. When we were done I met my sisters and we were off walking around the downtown stores shopping.  I found an equestrian scarf and had a lot of fun browsing. We ate at the Virginia deli for lunch where I had a delicious turkey cheddar cheese and cranberry sandwich. We shopped around for a long time until we worked up an appetite for dinner. My friend joan had told me about Durangos A bar and Grill on by her nephew so we stopped in to see what it was all about. What a great time we had. We met Steve her nephew who treated us to a quesadilla. It was so delicious that we got another One and some onion petals along with beer it was our dinner.




Saturday was a very full day as we headed to Richmond. We stopped at a few of our favorite stores like World Market then headed south on interstate 95. We ate lunch at homemade by Suzanne's in Ashland where we enjoyed quiche and Waldorf salad which was extremely good. Everything was fresh and homemade. More shopping ensued as we got to the Short Pump outdoor mall which is the most beautiful one I have ever been to.  



Our final treat for the night was a special birthday dinner at Maggiano's an Italian restaurant where the meatball I had on my spaghetti was as large as a baseball...and I'm not exaggerating. It was a perfect day. 


1 comment :

  1. What a fun birthday weekend with Linda and Diane, Peggy! It's always wonderful to get together with your sisters. Wishing you a belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.