#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Who needs pumpkins?

One of the nicest things about visiting my sister is going to consignment stores. It's always fun to see what they have. Favorite store of ours is called through the garden gate. I found this beautiful Vase there. I also found this Beautiful ivory pear.  My sister Linda gave me the mirror with all with leaves which is beautiful laying down on the table. The runner I found at big lots and it is pretty as any other I've ever seen.









I love the way my table looks now.  

3 comments :

  1. So simple and elegant, Peggy! I love silver pennies, and they're set off so beautifully by their surroundings. The girls on the vase remind me of a favorite painting in the Denver Art Museum. I knew it! I had to go Google, and I found the painting: https://www.wikiart.org/en/william-adolphe-bouguereau/a-childhood-idyll-1900 It is in the DAM, and it is obviously memorable for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Louise for finding the source of the painting. I just loved it when I saw it at the consignment store. I walked away from it but had to go back and I'm glad I did. Something drew me to it. I think it was the friendship between the two girls. The tiny pumpkins looks blue but it is ivory. My sister gave it to me for my birthday. It has the initial K on it. Would you please let me know if you get this comment? I'm not sure my replies are showing up. email bfdgirl@yahoo.com thanks Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your colors for fall so much! It doesn't have to be pumpkins for sure. Isn't it funny how we change over the years? There was a time when I had bins of autumn and Halloween stuff but I left it all behind when we downsized and moved except for one little straw pumpkin and a box of fall linens.

    Your table is so lovely, arranged by an artist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.