#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Oh what a beautiful morning

We are having Indian summer! Our morning may be cold…thirty nine…but by afternoon it has warmed up to seventy and the sun is shining and the sky is so blue. This is a rare warm Autumn.

Yesterday I went to Jamestown with the Giggle girls for lunch at Olive Garden. These high school classmates and I have the best time every time we are together. The waitress got such a kick out of our silliness and said she’d be talking about us later to her friends. We laugh and have such a good time. Afterwards we went to Michael’s and TJ Maxx and after a stop at Wegman’s grocery store we headed home. On the way home we go through Allegany State Park the largest New York state park. As we passed a small lake Sandy stopped the car and joked that the beavers come out at three o’clock. And sure enough as we were standing there a big beaver swam right up to the shore in front of us…then another. And later another. We got some good pictures which I will add when Sandy sends them to me.

Then at six o’clock I headed out for my second class in TAi Chi. I just love doing it. For me it is relaxing and takes my mind off everything. It is not easy and requires deliberate movement and using muscles that aren’t used very often. I’m so lucky that I only have to go a few miles downtown to the Seneca building which has been bought by the University of Pittsburgh. There is a large gym on the fifth floor where we have classes taught by two darling Chinese girls who are Confucius scholars. Last night we put our movements to music. We have learned five movements so far. LuLu and Peggy sent us a video to watch along with the music to practice with.

Today I had a salon appointment and over to Olean for a follow up appointment with the gastroenterologist. Evidently my throat was very, very closed almost shut and he barely could get the instrument down. He stretched it to 12mm but I will have to go back in and get it done in January to stretch it more to 20mm. I stopped to visit my cousin who is in hospice. She and I are close in age and I was very close to her family.
Tomorrow a trip to Erie with my friend Jamie for her two doctor appointments and some shopping and lunch. Busy week….again! I know soon it will slow down once the bad weather gets here.

IMG_6740

1 comment :

  1. Love that photo, Peggy! I find reflections fascinating. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your Giggle Girls! I admire how you go after trying new things like Tai Chi. I've never done that, but i've tried Qi Gong. I did it for almost a year, but then our PE teacher at school couldn't do the before school class anymore. I hope to find a class when Terry and I go to Arizona for a bit. The Chinese are definitely on to something. I'm sorry that you are having such a difficult time with your throat. That must be so scary at times. I think that everyone I know is having a busy, busy time of it. take care, my friend. I'm moving forward to catch up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.