#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, October 16, 2017

Putting France In My Studio

I have converted a back bedroom into my painting studio. Dreama has encouraged us to have a space of our own in which to create.


It’s the perfect time to bring some France into

your creative space!

Never to be taken for granted, the place you

retreat to make magic is your playhouse.

Make some play time to refresh and move

things around in your studio— like traveling

some place new, it sort of messes with your

brain...in a delightfully good way!

New touches in your work space can bring

optimism and willingness to try new things

out at your easel—definitely a win/win.

When it comes to France, one of the simple

joys to love is the use of clotheslines.

Since clotheslines are for hanging things we

can totally justify having one in the studio!

A piece of twine and some old fashioned

wooden clothes pins can be used to hang

photos, inspirational messages, children’s art,

notes from loved ones AND it’s absolutely

perfect for hanging the pdf words and

quotes from this course!

Take your time sorting through what you

eyes desire to see at a glance and get

busy hanging out your beautiful “laundry”



This is how I incorporated that idea in my studio using quotes and my pastry pictures.
 


IMG_8124
I also added lavender and a beautiful book containing photos and information about French villages.
IMG_8121
A few faux ranunculus and a book with a small piece of aqua glass felt very French to me.
 
IMG_8120
Many years ago I painted the closet doors as a French window. Even then I was longing for French inspiration. Even the bird’s eye maple dresser seems to fit in.
IMG_8118
I love my painting studio.

1 comment :

  1. Oh, Peggy! Your creativity just spills out of you! I really liked the clothesline with its quotes and your pictures! To practice art is to grow your soul ~ So very true! I wish you many, many hours of fun in your creative space!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.