#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, November 13, 2017

All blue and white



Do you notice anything new in the living room?  I finally found the blue and white lamps that I have been looking for. I've always loved blue and white in fact I had my kitchen blue for a while. Then slowly I started collecting blue and white pottery. I had made the curtains in my living room from some fabric that I fell in love with. It had blue and white pottery on it so naturally I needed some blue and white in the room. When I traveled I was always on the lookout for some pieces. I found them at estate sales and consignment shops as well as in stores. Little by little my collection grew...and grew. 

I found these lamps at a Tuesday Morning in Knoxville, Tennessee. This was the largest Tuesday Morning that I had ever been in. The lamps weren't as large as I would like so I found the little oriental stands at Old Time Pottery in Pigeon Forge, Tn. That raised them up enough to give them presence in the room. I also put this one up on books to match the height of the other one. In front of the lamp you can see a teapot from my best friend and a Royal Copenhagen teacup that I purchased when I was in Denmark. 

I lined some of my collection up on the mantle and added some red to coordinate with the painting. The large vase on the left is also new. I have now reached the point of having enough. I will not be searching any more. 

1 comment :

  1. Everything looks lovely, Peggy, but I find it hard to believe that you will not be searching anymore. Well, maybe not searching, but you might be tempted by something you come across ~ LOL Enjoy your beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.