#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, November 10, 2017

corners


And that goes for magazines too. Sometimes when I look at decorating books or see programs on television of beautiful homes with no piles of books showing or no place for magazines I wonder just who lives in those homes. I have always surrounded myself with magazines. They are my window on the world. I love the magazines like Bella Grace or La Vie Claire that have heavier paper so turning a page feels luxurious.
IMG_8200

In the corner by my fireplace is a copper tub filled with the copies of magazines I can’t bear to throw away. I organize them by season and pull them out with fresh eyes when the seasons change. Southern Lady, La Vie Claire, Romantic Homes and Victoria are my very favorites. The little cricket on the hearth was my mother’s.
IMG_8212

Another corner in my house is the one in the kitchen. These corner windows by the table look out onto the road and the weather and I love to sit there.


IMG_8211
The rooster light is from Valerie Parr Hill on QVC. He is on a timer and lights up the kitchen every evening.

What is in your favorite corner?




1 comment :

  1. Hi, Peggy! I enjoy magazines, too. "National Geographic" and "Canadian Geographic" are my favorites. My grandmother MacDonald had a cricket like you mother's. I think my sister Bertie has it now. Happy reading, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.