#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, November 02, 2017

November comes

“November comes
And November goes,
With the last red berries
And the first white snows.

With night coming early,
And dawn coming late,
And ice in the bucket
And frost by the gate.

The fires burn
And the kettles sing,
And earth sinks to rest
Until next spring.”

― Clyde Watson


It all depends on where you are. In my town the snow comes early. I remember dressing my kids for Halloween and putting their costumes over their snow suits. But in Tennessee this week there was cold weather for a day or two and now it's back in the sixties and sunny.  That is one thing I miss in Bradford for we have a lot of cloudy days this time of year. My son loves living in Knoxville but I really don't like the high heat during the summer. 

1 comment :

  1. Hi, Peggy! I flew up to Calgary very early on November 2nd ~ Out of the lovely warm autumn here into the cold and snowy weather there. Burrr! I had a frigid weekend, let me tell you, but my time with my family was wonderful and warm. Now I'm back home in Colorado, and we're having an icy fog tonight. I'm hanging out near the fire. I hope that you are warm and toasty where you are!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.