#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Tai Chi

For the past few months I have been taking a Tai Chi class from the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford. We are so lucky to have this University right down the road from me as it offers a lot to the community including personal growth classes. Last year I took the Tai Chi class in the fall semester and did so also this year. The girls in the picture above were our instructors. These darling Chinese girls were Confucius scholars who are at the university teaching for one year. They were very patient with the class considering our advanced age and lack of physical abilities Tai Chi looks very beautiful and simple but it requires a lot of controlled motion and balancing.  I thoroughly enjoyed going to class every Monday. We learned the twenty four movements and were able at the end to do the whole exercise to music. We took the girls out to our local Chinese restaurant last night as a treat. 

The girls surprised us with gifts. The tassel knot's word in Chinese also means meeting friends.  The paper cut panda was done by one of the girls herself. She will be teaching an adult class in paper cutting next semester.  These girls were so sweet. I loved the class!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.