#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Library

I know you are all readers out there. This time of year when you are in a lot is a great time to settle down with a good book. Are you a buyer? Or a borrower? Or a reader on a device?
I’ve tried reading on my ipad. I can do it but don’t prefer it at all. I still like to hold a book in my hands, put a bookmark in it when I have to lay it down and see how far I’ve come and how much more I have to go. There is something about that I love. I’m so afraid that books will be eliminated in the near future. Burning old books may not just be the thing of Fahrenheit 451.  (I also have a fear that once everything is digital it will be easy for the powers that be to rewrite history a la Big Brother in 1984. )

library

So I am doing my part to keep the libraries in business. I love my library trips where I can walk up and down the aisles and randomly choose a book that might interest me. Or another book by a favorite author. Or a self help (Organizing, anyone?) I might get on a subject and read all I can about it. Or be in the mood for a thriller. Eclectic reading is the best. How about you? What are your tastes in reading?


libary2

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous5:28 PM

    I feel just as you do! I love the look of them the smell of them and that I can use a bookmark!
    our library is building a whole new facility so that gives me hope that all is not lost.
    and I know of too many people with 'back up' digital files etc. who have lost everything.
    the marine gave me his old kindle. and I do enjoy it to a degree. as in I can make the print bigger!
    but if I had to choose I will always go with the book! oh. and my reading is totally eclectic!
    except I have never touched a toe in horror like Stephen King. did I get his name right? is that even his name?
    I don't like to see that kind of thing on screen nor on my bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an eclectic reader who loves real books that I can underline and write notes in. I just can't get into reading books online. And I don't think books are going to go extinct. I know young people who love the authenticity of real books! I'm a book buyer, but I haven't been to the library in over a year. I'm great at checking books out, but always seem to be returning them. I just finished a fat book called "Area 51" by Annie Jacobson. Wow! It made me seriously reconsider 20th century American history. Now I'm reading "The Origin" by Dan Brown ~ so much fun! Happy ready, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.