#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mission accomplished!


I know the above might not look like anything to some..but to me it is entering a new realm. Always in my life I have had lots of stuff. Every cupboard, closet, drawer, and space in my small ranch house was full and overflowing. I didn't throw a lot of things out and kept buying resulting in an accumulation of items everywhere. Gradually I have been organizing my spaces and this week it was the kitchen cupboards that got the treatment. It started with a hint that I read on the web....using peel and stick floor tiles to line your kitchen cupboards. So I bought a pack. I didn't realize that I had so many cupboards until I began the process of measuring and cutting the tiles, taking everything out of the cupboard then putting it all back. As I did I edited some things. It really wasn't too bad because I have been organizing the kitchen for quite a while and things weren't that much of a mess. But I did get two small bags ready to take to the Goodwill (they are in my car..that is the secret...get them out of the house.) My worse cupboard has always been the tupperware/storage container cupboard. But with the advent of those plastic rotating containers where the lid fits all three sizes I have saved a lot of space and threw away most of my containers (I couldnt find the lids to them anyway..LOL). And I had already taken all the kitchen pans, baking dishes, etc that I don't use on a daily basis down to the basement. There was no sense having all that there now that I don't do such fancy entertaining and cooking anymore.

Dan and Scott have been here all week. They are certainly growing up.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.