#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, May 21, 2010

IT’S ALMOST JUNE..AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

This is the time of year we wait for all winter long. When the snowflakes fall and the wind whips we think about summer coming. We know that it will eventually come and with it the color of flowers. For a few days we have been working to get our courtyard ready for the season. We are not yet done but…would you like a preview?
may flowers 2010 005
This afternoon I was in my favorite summer spot…my porch swing. When my old one got so weak that I needed a new one my husband’s friend who is a carpenter said that he could make one for me. I wanted it exactly like my old one…the same dimensions. He not only made this wonderful, strong swing but actually planted the tree when he was a boy and later harvested the wood. It’s a calm place to sit and read while listening to the burble of the fountains.

may flowers 2010 012
The concrete planter with the fleur de lis is one of my favorites. This year I filled it with heliotrope and a white-ish vine. I love the new iron work. Don says I have too much iron work in the garden. You be the judge.


may flowers 2010 014 I especially like the new green felt liner they have out this year.


may flowers 2010 015
More heliotrope

may flowers 2010 007

may flowers 2010 008


There are still more flowers to be planted.
may flowers 2010 020 may flowers 2010 009 may flowers 2010 018

I thought I’d show you the “bad” side of the garden. Where the yellow flowers are it is all buttercups which are the only flower that loves that wet spot. We are working on designing something for this space.
may flowers 2010 029

Here is a shot of the fountain. I love the sandcherry which lends color as well as the yellow creeping jenny. Sadie of course runs to the pond everytime we turn on water. It is her private swimming pool.
may flowers 2010 023 

Don’t you love the patina on this pineapple statue? I discovered a spray paint..oil rubber bronze…and sprayed anything that wasn’t moving.
may flowers 2010 024
Here is a rare shot of the waterfall minus Sadie.

may flowers 2010 028
It’s getting dark and the lanterns are lit. Won’t you join me for a drink?
may flowers 2010 031 may flowers 2010 027 may flowers 2010 030

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.