#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, November 18, 2021

she said it better

 I always wished that I was a writer. Words seem to flow from others and they have a way of expressing all the emotions held inside. But that was not a talent given to me. I write in simple sentences usually just describing my day. Then sometimes I come across someone who speaks for me on their page. They exactly express my feelings and I end up saying I wish I could write like that. I found a new blog today called Collage of Life which took my breath away. Tahilla Farm is the most stunning New Hampshire property, where Jeanne Henriques offers retreats on different themes, that she calls Tahilla Gatherings.Her blog is full of stories and wisdom. Today I am stealing her words about books because they exactly say how I feel. It's as if she opened my head and looked directly into my mind. 


Magic Carpet Ride

There are times when I just want a book to whisk me away to some place exciting. I don’t want to think too hard but I want to be entertained, I want the words to take me on a magic carpet ride and return me to a safe harbor, one that I know well. No need to rock my world and turn it upside down, just get me back to where I started.

The Weight of Words

Then there are the books to feed my reading soul. I want those words to wrap around me, pull me into a comfy chair and let me stay awhile. When that happens, it’s me and the book and no one else. I am open to possibilities, I am ready to travel, I want to connect and feel the weight of the words…wherever they happen to take me. As I turn the last page of that book, I want it to leave me wishing it wasn’t so, as I shout “Nooooo, please don’t go”. I will think and ponder and perhaps shed a literary tear and when that happens I wrap the words within me and start anew.

Outside the Book

The other reading space for me is one where I can distance myself from other worlds and just stick to the one I am in. I want to learn, to expand, to think outside the book and feel energized. These books feed my self-help curiosity and when the mood strikes, it is the only place I can exist. Once the author taps into my questioning soul and provides answers, I will be ready for the next book, for either a magic carpet ride or holding the weight of words.

And that my friends is how I look at reading.


35 Bookstore photo shoot ideas | library photo shoot, photo, bookstore

2 comments :

  1. land slot auto can play all slots games All games with Every camp is fun, unique, and unique. Play is not boring. PG is not the same as an online slot game service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:30 PM

    ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.