#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Celebrating the Fourth of July with family



What a super vacation Don and I had! The fourth of July weekend at my sister's Lake house near Roanoke, Virginia was a time for family to be together. My son, Chris, and his two boys, Danny and Scott, were there along with his girlfriend, Suzy and her daughter, Kelly. My younger son Ryan came over from Tennessee with his new fiance, Jenny. Diane's family...daughter Becky and son in law, Jeff, son Josh and wife Caron, husband Jeff were there. My sister Linda also came from Virginia. My dad, who is 87, was there also. It was very hot, almost 100, but we had the lake to swim in and a nice cool house to be in. The boys played pool and poker and the girls enjoyed chatting and being together. My sore back caused a lot of pain so I was lowkey all weekend. On the fourth we traveled over to Tennessee to visit with Ryan and Jen for a few days. It was great to be with them. They make a darlling couple and I went with Jenny to see her wedding dress. We also picked out the centerpieces for their reception. They will be glass pillar candle holders with a ring of fall berries around them. How beautiful they will look on the tables. I was so happy to be a small part of their planning. I also saw their wedding rings. I know they will be a very happy couple.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.