#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, July 14, 2006

Jitterbug

This random word was suggested to journal about by the Muse Newsletter. I can't but smile when I think of the word jitterbug. There are many images that come to mind from my teenage years. I grew up in the 50's and 60's and dancing was one of my favorite activities. I recall rushing home from junior high in time to go to my friend Carole's house in time for American Bandstand. For an hour and a half we would watch the latest dances and imitate them. On the weekends I went to The Stable (YWCA) to dance with the boys who would brave walking all the way across the gym to ask me to dance. I can picture in my mind the time I went with friends to Alleghany State Park and danced to "SPlish, Splash" in their rec building. But my favorite of all my jitterbug memories was when I danced with my mother in our basement during one of the famous parties she would throw. That memory brings a tear to my eye, since I lost my mother over 5 years ago. I will always associate jitterbugging with pleasant times.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.