#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, May 01, 2009

10 things to celebrate

Just look at the news..swine flu, bad economy…it’s enough to take even the most positive thinker over the edge. With all the troubles we’ve had at the Karrasch household this last month I need to stop and be thankful for all the good things that I have. I have always considered myself blessed in this life and here are 10 things that I am thankful for today.

1. Having the best supportive family on the planet. I couldn’t have gotten through the things I have without the encouragement and the shoulder to lean on of my husband, sons, sisters. and in-laws. They keep me strong when I need a boost and help me to keep going through all kinds of adversity. When I am most discouraged I know that they will help me through it.                                                                                    2. In this economy it’s so nice to know that we will survive financially due to our good planning.                                                                       3. It gives me such peace of mind to know that my sons and grandsons are having a great life. Both my boys are excellent fathers and I know they are raising their boys right.                                                                              4. I have friends that have been there for me when I have needed them.                                                                             5. When I look around my home I feel we have made a place where i can feel safe and sheltered. I love my home and how beautiful it is.                                                                                   6. I am glad that I now can spend my time doing just exactly what I want to do and enjoy my retirement.                                                                    7. I am happy that spring has finally arrived in Bradford. The daffodils, tulips, and grape hyacinths are so lovely. Yesterday Don mowed the grass for the first time and the yard looks like a green carpet.                                                                           8. I’m happy that I have found blogging as a way to journal. It allows me to put pictures and words to my life.                                                                                 9. I’m happy that I have been able to travel in my life and experience things outside the realm of my little Pennsylvania town.                                                                              10. Isn’t it wonderful that we live in a free country where we can express ourselves without fear of retribution and sleep safe at night. 

1 comment :

  1. Hi Peggy,

    What wonderful pictures! I agree with you totally. We all do have a lot to be thankful for. Sometimes, we have to fall in order to pick ourselves up and do better. But all in all, I am very thankful for all I have.

    Linda Lou

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.