#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

new gates

Wow! I’m sure not blogging like I used to. I’m not taking the time to sit down at the computer since I want to be outside and enjoy every nice day that we have. It’s been a cool, rainy summer..not a great one to sit outside and enjoy our courtyard. There have been a lot of changes this year. Sadie, the exuberant jack Russell terrorizer, needed a place to run so Don and Chris built her a fence. Then Don made the cutest gate for our breezeway to keep her in and a copper gate in the back by the shed.
outdoors aug 2009 002 outdoors aug 2009 004

Don also had to move our weeping cherry tree. It was slowly dying and we didn’t know what was the matter. The leaves were turning yellow and falling off which is an indication of too much water.  DUH, it’s rained and rained. But that wasn’t the problem. It was planted in an area with clay soil that formed a pocket and just held the water on the roots like sitting them down in a bowl. So Don moved it to a new location at the top of the bank. I just hope it isn’t too late to save it.
outdoors aug 2009 001 outdoors aug 2009 003

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.