#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What are you doing this hot day?

Don and I are cleaning up down in the basement. Are you like me and have things that accumulate? It seems the basement is a fine place to put things when you don't know what else to do with them. We have not been good in the past about actually taking things from the house and getting rid of them when we buy new things. So they get carried up in the attic or down in the basement, just to store. For the past few years I've been making an effort to go through that "stuff" and do something with it. Peter Walsh, an organizer on tv, has helped tremendously with his philosophy of using what you have and not storing a lot. I think my resistance was to letting go of the past life, even though I've moved on to other things. But now I'm realizing that I don't need that stuff..I'm not using it, and don't plan on ever using it again. So I'm boxing up things I don't want and plan to take it to a flea market to try to sell it. So today we went through cans of old paint..to go to the garbage. Old wet boxes from the rain that came in the basement...out they go. I'm planning to get everything up off the floor so things don't get wet ever again. It's been a job..we only worked for a little while and got a lot accomplished. If we worked it like a full time job, we'd have it done in no time.  But that's enough for today....it's another very hot one...and I'm headed for the air conditioning.
image

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.