#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Fall decor 2021


I began my fall decorating.  I’m so ready for the heat of summer to be over. In Bradford we are not used to temps consistently in the eighties. Thank goodness for central air. It has been a blessing. Especially for Don with his breathing problems. I started by going through the bins in the storage room down in the basement. Then I carried everything upstairs and sorted again. I decided to start in the living room with the mantle. This past weekend when I was in Camphill I bought this beautiful sunflower picture. It just set the mood but I was trying to convey. The rest of the decorations came easily and blend it in with my blue and white chinoiserie China.



On the mantle I also put the water fountain. I’d love to hear it’s tingling is it drops water from one leaf to the other. I’ll have to remember to put it on a timer so it doesn’t go all night. I’m a big fan of timers. We have a lot of lights on the timer so when we go to bed at night we don’t even have to worry about turning off the lights.

I made The autumn sign many years ago. Some of the sunflowers are newer others are very old. They never go out of style.

2 comments :

  1. Lovely, Peggy! You can't go wrong with sunflowers. The water fountain is so pretty. We finally have some cooler weather. It's been hot and smoky all summer. Happy autumn to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first, I thought you painted those sunflowers! You could have and it would come out beautiful ♥️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.