#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, October 02, 2021

Quite a surprise



This was quite a surprise. Don has wanted a player piano for a long time. We had one when we were first married and spent many nights pumping the pedals and singing along to the piano rolls.  We even moved it with us to this house almost fifty years ago. Eventually it wouldn’t work correctly and we got rid of it. Later Don got me a regular piano for Mother’s Day one year which I have enjoyed playing for years. He recently told Chris that he only wanted two things..a player piano and a dog. Not just a dog but another Jack Russell. It’s been over two years since we had to put our beloved .
Sadie down. I don’t want another dog which would be a lot of work for me since Don wouldn’t be able to help me with it because of his COPD. 
  So when .Chris pulled up the driveway towing a trailer I didn’t know what to expect. He had found an electric player for his father. We saved many piano rolls and tomorrow we will try playing some of those. 








2 comments :

  1. I miss sweet Sadie too. I still think of her a lot. I hope that you and Don enjoy the player piano. I remember when my family all got together to buy an electric organ for our Uncle John when he was in his late sixties. He couldn't afford it, but the whole extended family chipped in and made it a reality. He enjoyed it until he died. I wish you and Don much joy in the electric player Chris brought you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris and Wendy!! They are absolutely wonderful to the both of you!! You and Don are so blessed♥️ I still, on occasion look at Sadie’s picture I have of her and I’ll tell her Hello Sadie♥️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.