#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, February 11, 2023

And so it begins

And so it begins. My life without him. We met when I was 16. We were high school sweethearts, then fiancés.  We dated during the four years he was in the Navy while I was going to college. We married right out of college and spent 57 wonderful years with each other. And it ended. When you live that many years with somebody he is part of your soul. He is there in the morning and he is there to say good night to every night. There will be a hole in my heart that could never be filled again. He struggled so to breathe and his life was taken away from him piece by piece. Till he had nothing left. I don’t know what my life will be from now on but I know I will miss him terribly.




2 comments :

  1. My dear Peggy, I am so sorry to read this terribly sad news. RH and I began dating as juniors in high school and so I can completely understand the magnitude of your loss, as far as anyone can who has not yet gone through it. It is ever present in my thoughts though and I both cherish the days in this 61st year of our marriage and also dread a time when that will end if I remain behind. It's always been clear that you both enjoyed your days together and supported each other in your personal interests. I know that you have years of loving memories to fill your heart. My love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:20 PM

    I feel you♥️. When Dad died, I found myself looking at the stairs for him to come down, I felt so alone, then.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.