#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Well….this happened

On Friday I decided to wash an 8 x 6’ rug outside. That went very well and when it was dry I rolled it up and carried it inside. I’ve been having trouble with my left hip with bursitis. I had a Cortizone shot in both hips but it wasn’t time to get another one yet. As I was carrying the rug in somehow I lost my balance and my left leg wasn’t strong enough to hold me up and I tipped forward and I tipped forward. unfortunately my whole body weight tipped me right into the sharp corner of my China closet. As soon as my head hit the corner I knew it was going to be bad and when I reached up and had blood who’s out my fingers I knew.  But when I looked in the mirror and saw the 5 inch cut from my forehead top to between my eyes which was deep and wide I knew it was really bad. I put ice and pressed on it as I called my friend Joan who came and picked me up and took me to the emergency room. Four hours later I came home after having a CAT scan and 10 stitches and 10 stitchesBut when I looked in the mirror and saw the 5 inch cut from my forehead top to between my eyes which was deep and wide I knew it was really bad. I put ice and pressed on it as I called my friend Joan who came and picked me up and took me to the emergency room. Four hours later I came home after having a CAT scan and 10 stitches.I’m going to have a very large scar right in the middle of my forehead. And my eyes are almost swollen shut. I look like a bad raccoon. I guess since I have 79 I need to learn my limitations.

2 comments :

  1. Oh dear God, Peggy! What a terrible accident! I am so glad you were conscious after and able to call for help. I can imagine how much blood there must have been because the forehead bleeds so badly. I'm so sorry you're going through this but please take care in every way. Sending a hug and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:13 PM

    Sighing!! That just crushed me!! I’m so sorry that happened. Yes, we do need to learn our limitations…i for one stopped walking fast. Thank the Universe for Joan♥️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.