#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

HOT ENOUGH FOR YOU?

These are the hazy, lazy days of summer, the first day of August. All winter I peered outside my living room picture window and dreamed of something other than snow and cold. Now the days are here. In Bradford we live for weather like this to be able to enjoy the outdoors. But this heat spell has driven everyone indoors. It's time to turn on the air and read.
I remember when we traveled to Georgia each July to visit my mother's family. In those days we didn't have air conditioning in the car. How we envied the big cars sailing past with their windows rolled up. We sweltered with all the windows down which were only letting oven temperature air blow on our faces. One time we had just had it with the heat and stopped at a Snake and Monkey farm that we thought might be air conditioned. It wasn't and I have a mental picture of my mother standing in front of a large fan trying to cool off.
Another hot memory was when we were helping dad break up housekeeping after my mother died. The air conditioner broke and Georgia was pretty hot. My sisters and I dove into a park pool after a day of sweating. That water felt so cool I can still remember it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.