#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

SNOW CREEK FARM


new hutch 001 

It’s always fun to visit my sister Linda in Fredericksburg, Virginia. One of our favorite places to go is to Snow Creek Farm. A few weekends a year the owner opens up her house for visitors and displays a wonderful assortment of items for sale.

new hutch 002
As you walk toward the house this bicycle full of greens is leaning on the fence.

new hutch 003
This lovely driveway leads to the house.

new hutch 004
As we get closer you can be tempted by the merchandise sitting outside.

new hutch 005
I wonder how we resisted that iron chaise.

new hutch 006
Every room on the inside was filled with wonderful Christmas gifts.

new hutch 007
Out on the back porch were country Christmas kitchen items.

new hutch 008
Our delightful hostess always provides hot cider and homemade cookies for our enjoyment. (Thank you so much, they were delicious).

new hutch 012
To complete the ambience there are chickens pecking in the dirt (in the center of the picture).

new hutch 013
Inside there was a cherry hutch which caught my eye.

new hutch 014
It happened to be for sale and amazingly it fit in the back of my van. It made the trip to Pennsylvania safely and was a great addition to my sunroom.

new hutch 015
Don got to work polishing all the nooks and crannies.

new hutch 036
And hanging a picture that we had to move.

new hutch 035
Looking into the sunroom you can see how perfectly it fits in the room.

new hutch 018
Tomorrow I will take the time to arrange my object de art on the shelves.

new hutch 025
new hutch 029
new hutch 033
The room is complete now. I can’t wait to decorate the hutch for Christmas. If you get a chance be sure to visit Snow Creek Farm. It’s a delight!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.