#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Accident

accident 10.30.12 001


Yes, that is my car up on the wrecker. Today I had an accident. I was coming up West Washington Street and hit an unexpected patch of standing water on the road. There were a lot of leaves in it and they acted just like I went through black ice. My car erratically went out of control and fishtailed back and forth from one side of the road to the other as I tried to get control of it. I went into a ditch on the right hand side of the road and then back out to the other side. Finally it swerved to the right and tipped over on the passenger side right into a muddy ditch. As I hung there from my seat belt I waited for someone to come along. When no one did, I beeped my horn for the neighbors to come out. The woman called the rescue squad and they showed up with ambulance, fire truck, and police crews. I was stuck in my seat belt but finally figured out a way to release it. The rescue squad helped me get out of the van through the back. I was very scared and shook up but after the emts checked me out I was allowed to go home. I am ok but my body is achy all over from the trauma. It could have been much worse. I just missed a big tree. I am so thankful that it wasn’t a lot worse or involved another car. I will be much more cautious from now on for sure.

2 comments :

  1. Rebecca9:50 PM

    John came along from the vet with Murphy and saw your adventure. Thank heaven you are all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becky. I was very grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.