#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, October 22, 2012

AS EASY AS PIE

All you Martha Stewart/Betty Crocker types read no further. Go into your perfect kitchens, peel your apples, make your homemade crust and don’t give me another thought. This is the easy peasy Karrasch apple pie.

First start with apples which you take out of the freezer. You have already picked them from your own apple tree, peeled them and added some sugar and cinnamon so they are all ready to go. Put them in the microwave for a few minutes to thaw and begin to cook. apple pie 002
Then poke a hole in the bottom of the bag and drain the juice from them so your crust won’t get soggy. apple pie 004
Get the premade crust from the refrigerator and roll it onto the pie plate. Be sure to use your favorite pie plate, the one with the ruffled edge.
apple pie 005
apple pie 006
Dump in the apples and spread around.

apple pie 008


Put on the top crust and crimp the edges. This step doesn’t even have to be precise because the edge of the pie plate makes it look good anyway.
apple pie 013
Use the fleur de lies cutter to make a design in the crust and allow the steam to escape.
apple pie 015
apple pie 017

Now bake for around an hour.
apple pie 018
Everytime I eat a piece I say the same thing, “This is the best apple pie I’ve ever made. Mmmm.”

1 comment :

  1. Slurping...and you didn't call me to ask me to come over and have a slice or two???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.