#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I'm back

Hello again faithful readers. I am back after two fantastic weeks in warmer weather and sunshine. I went to Tennessee to visit my son and family and that was just what I needed. I had to get away from this constant cod weather and snow or I was going to go crazy. I coudn't have taken one more snowfall. Actually it did snow while I was away and I was grateful that I wasn't in Bradford when it happened.

I was down wouth where it was so green and lush that it took my breath away. And warm. Did I mention warm? So warm. No coats, boots, sweaters. It was a great visit. We didn't do anything special I just enjoyed being with the kids and did you know that little girls are so sweet? I love my grandson too but there is something special about a little girl.

Then the next week I went to my sister's house and my youngest sister came down. We are very close and have a ball every time we are together. On Friday we meandered around her local small town going to small stores but on Saturday we went over to Roanoke, Virginia to the home tour. There is nothing I like better than going into someone's home and these were spectacuar. Not only did we tour the homes but it was garden week in Virginia an the gardens were also open. It really made me want to come home and start planting. Everything was neat as a pin outdoors and inside all the flower arrangements were made by the master gardeners of the garden club. When I say wow! I mean it. I didn't even recognize some of the flowers and materials that they used because they were so unusual.

 

We also went to Black Dog Salvage that day. Besides salvaged materials like gates they had booths. I could have spent a long time in there. I did buy two things...a small birdbath and a yard decoration. I will have pictures later....after I get dressed and spend some time outdoors today.

 

 

Those two weeks were a shot in the arm for my energy and attitude. Now this week the weather is going to warm up and I have a long list of to do's. I will pace myself of course and get Sadie out for walks. Today I have to go to the vet and pick up some thyroid meds for her. We had her tested. When we took her to the vet because of her legs being weak (he did check for Lyme disease and it wasn't thath..a slipped disk) he thought she was overweight...ok, it was our fault..too much people food and treats. So for the past few weeks she has been on a diet and has lost some weight. And maybe taking thyroid meds will help her too. I take them so why not her?

Anyway, I have been a little longwinded today ...just catching up. I missed you all and am glad to be back online. Enjoy this beautiful day.

 

1 comment :

  1. i enjoyed this lovely "long winded" post!
    your little vacation was what every vacation should be... a time of renewal and rest and inspiration!
    i'm so happy that you came back to nicer weather. and missed the snow! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.