#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Summertime



It’s the middle of summer and time to put out a little beachy items on the table. We are far, far from the ocean but I like to pretend. I haven’t been to the ocean many times. We sent a week there one time at Wildwood, New Jersey but other than that and one trip to Myrtle Beach I’ve only had a few day trips to the ocean. Right now I would welcome sitting with my toes in the ocean letting the waves slap up against my body. 
    Some days I can feel the tension growing and anxiety trying to take control. The news sometimes makes me so distraught.  I am so worried about our democracy and hoping that it can weather this kind of assault. I’ve always had faith in American but I don’t understand what is happening which makes me crazy. I long for the “old days” where things were just normal. 



2 comments :

  1. Oh, I do understand. Sometimes things seem okay as I go on doing the regular things around the house, things to make life seem normal and usual. And then I realize my neck is stiff and there's a funny feeling in my stomach and I remember that things aren't normal and may never be again. But we go on again to try it another day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Peggy! I love your beachy creations! Whenever I look at the beautiful, graceful way you feather your nest I feel calm and peace. This is such a strange time. Inside my house everything feels normal, but outside my door there is a world I don't recognize. I, too, fear for our democracy. Never did I think our institutions and way of life could be threatened and perhaps destroyed in such a short time. I have to have faith that we will get through this. Normal never looked so good! Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.