#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, October 31, 2020

The Queen’s Gambit

During this Covid time I am watching a lot of tv. I’m always on the lookout for a good series to watch and found it with The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix. You don’t have to be a chess fan to appreciate this great limited series. Here is a brief summary. 


Based on the novel by Walter Tevis, the Netflix limited series drama The Queen's Gambit is a coming-of-age story that explores the true cost of genius. Abandoned and entrusted to a Kentucky orphanage in the late 1950s, a young Beth Harmon (Anya Taylor-Joy) discovers an astonishing talent for chess while developing an addiction to tranquilizers provided by the state as a sedative for the children. Haunted by her personal demons and fueled by a cocktail of narcotics and obsession, Beth transforms into an impressively skilled and glamorous outcast while determined to conquer the traditional boundaries established in the male-dominated world of competitive chess.





1 comment :

  1. OOhhh! This series sounds so good, Peggy. I'm so behind on tv, but I'll keep this series on my radar. Your sunflowers are gorgeous. I'll be back ~ Making the IWSG rounds today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.