#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, October 19, 2020

Vote


Don and I took our ballots over to the courthouse in Smethport on Friday. We wanted to make sure that were in on time and counted. We did not want to stand in a line to wait to vote. This way we are assured that our votes are in. It is no secret that I am a Democrat. My views may not be your views but we all have a right to our opinions. This may be the most important election in my life. I do fear for our democracy if Trump gets elected again. He has divided this country in a way I have never seen before. I only hope that we get a new president who cares more about the people of this country than he does about himself. 

“I am only one,
 But I am one. 
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will no let what I cannot do interfere with
What I can do.”-
Edward Everett Hale

    Before we went up to the courthouse Don and I had lunch at the Corner Bistro. We enjoy eating there and the food did not disappoint. I had a turkey with cranberry aioli and carmalized onions. Don had one of the best steak sandwiches he has ever eaten.
    Today is a rainy day but Sandy and I sneaked a walk in between the raindrops. We have made a habit of walking every day and don’t want to stop. Today we walked on the University trail almost two miles. 
     Don has started a jigsaw puzzle and I am reading some library books. Tonight we will watch the Bills play the Chiefs. We love both teams so it will be hard to know who to root for. I must go now and put in some pork chops for dinner. Just an ordinary day as so many of them are these days. 

2 comments :

  1. So glad to have your blog back. After Joan mentioned Forever Bingham, I got busy when I got home and I am back to my face book page.
    I voted by mail about three weeks ago but John is insisting on going to the pols. I am sure we are on the same page as far as our Presidential choices. I am so nervous about Tuesday. What if that despicable criminal wins? Tuesday is also John's birthday so we will have a small celebration. John is making Swiss Steak because that is what his mother always made for his birthday. I am making his favorite German Chocolate Cake. Ann, our daughter, has students with covid 19 so she doesn't want to come and possibly expose us. She is negative and because she was far enough away from the student she doesn't need to quarantine. When we saw Dr Herrmann this morning he said he gives Bradford Schools another two weeks before they close. As we left Herrmann's office he said wear your ask and stay away from dumb people. I wondered if he was referring to the Trump rally a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have you back Becky. It was great seeing you this morning. I also have anxiety about the election. I can’t believe how far our country has fallen in four years. I have family members who think Trump is the greatest, the media is biased and our country is doing great. We can’t even discuss politics. I had one say to me today. That Kamala says she is black. She isn’t even blaxpck. How idiotic! Pray for sane people to vote. Sorry for the soap box.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.