#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 18, 2021

Reese



I think I am feeling very cat-like. I watch Reese sleep most of the day and I feel I am slipping into cat-hood. I am sleeping in most mornings till nine thirty and then get up and slowly move into my day. I do minimum chores and go out only when necessary. 

It snowed again last night and the weather is hovering below freezing. This morning I got a call from one of my friends who is worried about our other friends who are getting sick and wondering if we all should be tested. I know my friends are extremely careful and don’t go out very often but in our town the Covid virus is spreading quickly so we are all anxious. A testing site will be opened for just a few days in the town and we wonder if we should be checked just in case. 


Don has been keeping busy putting puzzles together while I read or look at decorating videos on YouTube. I have started watching some episodes of Last Tango in Halifax. I had watched it previously  and thought I had seen all the seasons but I’m refreshing my memory. 
   I am trying not to be discouraged by what is going on in America but seeing troops guarding the center of our government is cause for concern. I have relatives that are Trump supporters and they talk with such anger that it bothers me. I worry about the division that Trump has caused for four years and if we can come together as a nation or are the seeds of distrust running too deep. It seems that the truth and facts don’t matter to some. Sorry for getting political on you this morning. But I feel we are living through a definite historical time.
    And of course the fear of Covid dwells in my mind. With four thousand people dying each day I must be concerned as both Don and I are in a high risk group. We are waiting it out at home until we can be vaccinated. 







2 comments :

  1. Hi, Peggy! You haven't posted recently, so I'm worried. I hope that you and Don are doing well and haven't caught the Covid virus. I've been struggling to get out of bed too, but that's as far as catlike goes for me. I wish I could nap and stretch like cats do. I go out only for necessary errands. Yesterday I received an email saying I could schedule a Covid shot, and I snagged an early slot on a huge drive through event at Coors Field on Sunday, with a second shot scheduled in three weeks. Terry doesn't turn 70 until early March, so he can't schedule yet. I've banned him from everything except pickleball which he plays outside a few times a week. We talked about it seriously and decided that he has to get exercise and outside is safer, especially since it''s usually breezy. Fortunately I FaceTime with my trainer to workout three times a week. Please, please, please be careful!!! Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many of us were very concerned with this COVID. I just stayed home and behaved😂

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.