#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 04, 2021

Winter changes


How are you doing staying home? Are you finding projects to do that keep you busy? I am lucky that I am not an essential worker and have to risk my life to work every day. I have been retired for 18 years now. So I can stay home and stay safe. But staying sane? Just joking. It’s not bad to spend your day in your lovely home. But I am an extrovert and love being around people. And even though I love my home I miss my friends. I miss shopping. I miss concerts. Yes, I can find things to do. But I find myself sitting around more than I should and watching way too much television. 
  So today I did some redecorating. I love making vignettes. Maybe I should have been a window decorator. I took everything off my mantle and put up a winter mantle instead. 

I love the gray/white tobacco basket and I can find a way to use it in every season. This time with a spray of pine and berries. The metal pine cone was actually a free gift when I stopped at a Joanne FAbric shop in Winchester, Va. I was checking out and there was a table and you could choose things from it. The deer statue was from a coop near Knoxville, Tn. 


I didn’t want to put away the spiral tree so I kept it on the mantle along with three Louisa May Alcott books and a painting that I did. 

I think the birch pot fits in nicely with the plate in the background. It’s nice to see something different in the house and reuse items I already have. 










2 comments :

  1. Lovely, Peggy. Don't laugh, but I still have my Christmas tree up. I can get away with it for a few more days, because I just had periodontal surgery ~ LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I’m still scrolling😊. I truly do enjoy reading your Blogs...makes me miss you and everyone more so now than then😞

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.