#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 18, 2024

What am I doing?

What am I reading?..Liz Cheney’s new book Oath and Honor. 
It’s a gripping firsthand account from inside the halls of Congress as Donald Trump and his enabler’s betrayed the American people and the Constitution. The quote that had the most impact on me…. A free society that abandons the truth that abandons the rule of law cannot remain free.



What am I watching?    Various things on streaming..apple….Criminal Record. Prime…Press
YouTube..landscape artist of the year

What am I eating?  Made an apple tart the other day. 



What am I listening to?  While riding in the car I always listen to podcasts. This morning it was happier with Gretchen Rubin and her sister. I always try to get a little nugget of information. This morning it was there’s no good time to start a habit except now.

What am I wearing? Today since it’s so cold out I’m wearing my jeans with a sweatshirt. I was bundled up with a coat and a hat and gloves this morning as I went to coffee.

What am I looking forward to?  At the end of February I’m going to Lancaster to see a musical play about Simon and Garfunkel’s life.

What would I like to do more of? I’d like to get outside to walk. The weather’s below freezing so I don’t believe I will at the moment

What is the daily ritual that I do? Every morning I read one page from the Artist’s soul by Linda Coons. And every morning I read one essay by Sara Ban Breathnach in romancing the ordinary a year of simple splendor.




Where would I like to go? I’ve been longing to go to a bed and breakfast in a little quaint town.




2 comments :

  1. Fascinating! I just got Cheney's book and have started on it! I made an apple pie recently, yours is beautiful! And I love Romancing the Ordinary too. We do have much in common, something I've always felt. I'm a devoted podcast listener too and will write down the name of yours. I think most of the ones I listen to are food related like Splendid Table and interior design kind like Alice Lane. They help get me through kitchen chores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Dewena, I still can’t comment on your blog. So sorry. We do have similar interests for sure. But you are a much better cook than I.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.