#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, May 13, 2012

To all the moms out there

Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful mothers out there. May your day be filled with happiness and family love. Chris and Scott came up to spend the day with me. We had a great lunch at Applebee’s and Chris and Scott helped me get all the summer furniture out of storage. Last evening we celebrated Mother’s Day with Don’s stepmother Rose who is just like a mother to us. We are so lucky to have her. She will be ninety this August.mother's day 001 It has been twelve years since my mother, Eleanor, passed away and I still miss her every day. She was such a great mom and very special. This photo was taken at the top of Stone Mountain in Georgia. My mother was from Elberton, Georgia and that is where I was born. She never lost her southern accent completely. She was a fantastic cook and when we went to Savannah to Paula Deen’s restaurant it was like eating around our family table. Mom knew how to have great parties. She was full of fun.
mother's day 017

1 comment :

  1. Linda Platko Green7:13 PM

    Ohhhh, I think this is a first for me to see a picture of your Mom:) Wow:)

    It seems that Linda looks like the Mom. You and Diane, do you two look like your Dad?

    I am loving your blog today!! Keep up the wonderful job of blogging!!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.