#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Dinner with my friends

Kay sent me these lovely flowers with red carnations, white daisies, holly and juniper sprigs. This is my table centerpiece.
The table is set for dining.









Last night my friends, Yrsa, Kay, and Tom came for dinner. There is nothing I love more in the world than setting a pretty table and entertaining. When I was at Fredericksburg we went into the Goodwill where I spotted a large bag of black and white checked fabric. There was no price on it, but since it seemed like a lot of fabric I knew I could make a tablecloth out of it for my cherry table. When I checked out and the clerk said "The fabric is a dollar a bag," I could have shouted for joy. I must have been meant to have it since it was the exact, I repeat, exact size to cover my large table. I had been looking for new dishes because when I have ten people over I have to mix and match. So at the Dollar Tree I spied these wonderful white plates with black flowered rims. Just the thing for my table. I added the charger beneath and my Fitz and Floyd Christmas plates on the top. It made a beautiful table with the candles, crystal, and presents. I surprised Kay with a flameless candle since she had a small incident with a real one. For Yrsa there was marzipan, her very favorite confection. Each of the girls got bath salts, Cd of Christmas music and a chocolate covered pretzel that I made. for Tom it was cologne and a flashlight. As we ate I surprised them with a paper under their plate which had a toast written on it. Throughout the night each one of us toasted to friendship and good times. We began and ended the night with cocktails in front of the fire and good conversation. I am lucky to have good lifelong friends.




ikk

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.