#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, December 06, 2008

A TIME FOR FAMILY

What a happy time. Don's sisters were here for a visit. Left to right are Bev, me, Mary, Ginny and Don.
Chris was absolutely excellent with the baby. Here he got the keyboard out which absolutely fascinated Sean.

Dan is at the age, 17, where he spends a lot of time on the computer and cell phone texting his friends.

Scott's discovery of records just mesmerized him. We got out an old turntable and played them for him.





This isn't a good shot of Sean...he was so tired when they left on Monday. He made the trip pretty well considering he was in the car seat for 12 hours.

All together....nothing made me happier than this past Thanksgiving! All of my family was together. My family ties are very strong thanks to my dear mother who always insisted on keeping the family together. She was the one who made the annual trip to her southern family in Georgia each year in July to visit with all her sisters and brothers. I remember going to all my different aunts and uncles to play with my cousins while my mom and dad visited. She was the one who kept in touch with all my father's family by always calling when she was in town and making it a point to see everyone. By example she taught me the importance of family. I missed her and my father at our gathering but they were in my thoughts.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.