#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, July 31, 2009

Thanks, dad!

garden walk 008

garden walk 007

                                                                                                      Do you believe that the dead can communicate with the living? I always thought so but now I am absolutely convinced by what happened this week at my house. My two sisters were visiting from Virginia. We always have a great time and that includes a little wine drinking (without me, of course, since I’m allergic to wine). Linda brought one of her last two bottles of wine that our father had made. He passed away a few years ago and we talk about him often. We were contemplating opening a bottle. I remarked that I had only one bottle left but I was saving it for a special occasion. My sister said, “If not now, when. If not us, who? If not here, where?” We were sitting outside at a small table on the breezeway and heard a crash from inside the house. We all looked at each other since we knew no one was in the house except Sadie whom we could see laying in front of the French doors. I said, “What was that?” I went in to look and called to the girls that they had to see this. My last bottle of wine was in the wine rack where it had been sitting for over 3 years. But the cork was unpopped and the bottle pushed back on the rack to save the wine. We all were amazed that the wine would open at just that moment when we were talking about it. And just that quickly we knew. Dad had opened his bottle of wine for us. The implied message was….this is a special occasion…drink it now! We couldn’t believe that it had happened and were just dumbfounded! If anyone could contact us from the other place, it would be my dad! I know now that he is ok and we have hope for after we die too. It gives me such a warm feeling to know that dad and mom still see us and know what we are doing. Thanks, dad for showing us that miracle!
garden walk 013

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.