#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, December 06, 2009

IT’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

december first 09 018 
The decorations are up and our late arriving snow appeared overnight to herald the approach of Christmas. At this time of year it is good to make lists..not the same lists the children make to let Santa know what they are dreaming of..but the to-do lists so nothing gets forgotten during this busy season. This year we are staying home for Christmas since the family was all together for Thanksgiving. I welcome the time to kick back and enjoy the season without a sense of rush. It’s a time to enjoy friends and family. Do you have a favorite Christmas memory? I think the year Don put together a tin dollhouse for my little sisters when we were just dating is one of mine. Don was my high school sweetheart and we met when I was a sophomore at Bradford High. We dated and even when he went into the Navy after high school we still remained together. Then I went off to college and we still stayed together through all that separation. In January we will celebrate our 44th year of marriage, but we have actually been together for over fifty years. I can’t imagine a Christmas without him. There are so many memories of Christmas eves when we stayed up late after the boys went to bed and Don put together games and put out toys and trucks. As the years have passed and the children grew our Christmas celebration has grown smaller. Many times now it is just the two of us ushering in the day alone. But the season is still as sweet.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.