#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Visiting in Tennessee

Hello from East Tennessee! Today I've had a chance to get on the computer and catch up on my blog. We arrived here Thursday evening about quarter to eight after a really long, long, drive. It's very tiring to drive over 12 hours but well worth it when we were met on the porch by Jenny and Sean. Ryan had a meeting so he came later. Ryan and Jenny had just gotten a dog from the Humane Society and Sox was in her crate barking up a storm when she spied Sadie. We let them get introduced and soon they became best friends. Sox and Sadie have had a great time playing together. We have to give them time out to keep them away from playing too much. It's so nice that Ryan's backyard is large, flat, and fenced in. Sadie can go out the doggie door and run the full length of the yard. Of course, being as smart as she is, she first ran all the way around the perimeter of the fence just to make sure there wasn't an opening where she could escape.
Yesterday we took Sean for a haircut. I will post the pictures later, but I have to say that he was the best behaved kid I've ever seen. He sat so still and patiently waited until she was all done. His hair wasn't real long, just a little out of shape and looked like a big boy haircut when it was done.
Friday evening was our 44th anniversary and Ryan and Jenny took us to the Gondolier, an Italian restaurant nearby. Great food and good cheesecake too.
Today Don and Ryan are working on putting in a new free standing shower for them which involved a couple trips to Lowe's.
I am having the best time playing with Sean. Tomorrow after Jenny gets finished teaching she has a dr's appointment in Knoxville and we will do some shopping at my favorite stores.
Even though it's raining here today it's not really too cold and I'm liking that. On Friday eve when we went out we barely needed a coat. a far cry from the freezing weather at home.
Hello to all at home and I will see you soon.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.