#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

WELCOME TABLESCAPERS

As we begin 2010 I would like to welcome all those visiting from Between Naps on the Porch hosted by Susan. She has made Thursdays the best day of the week when we can travel all over the country and see fantastic tables, great centerpieces, and all kinds of dishes. 
       My January table was inspired by the two new hurricane lamps that were Christmas presents. I put some silver vine balls around them for Christmas and couldn’t stand to put them away afterwards. You may also recognize the trifle bowl with pears and moss.
tablescape january 09 041 tablescape january 09 039 tablescape january 09 006
I set the table with woven brown rustic looking placemats which seemed to fit somehow the mood of the table. The holiday dishes with holly leaves and beautifully shaped mugs will continue to spread cheer this month.
tablescape january 09 003 tablescape january 09 004 tablescape january 09 012
The candleier has white tablescape january 09 035 pepperberries, a bow, and some pears hanging from it. And I couldn’t yet put away the crystal wreaths on the back of the chairs.
tablescape january 09 034
tablescape january 09 036 tablescape january 09 015 
tablescape january 09 011
The brown and green napkins are held with leaf rings that I found at Coldwater Creek. The flatware is Jennifer Farrell and was found at Big Lots. The little moss trees were made by placing sheet moss over dollar store trees. (I got the idea from one of you wonderful crafters out there)
tablescape january 09 016 tablescape january 09 044 tablescape january 09 045
I hope you enjoyed my winter table and will come back and visit soon.

10 comments :

  1. Hi Peggy,
    Nice table! I think I am going to view them this week and not do one. Just because I am pooped and just got the Christmas things put away. Sure love the fresh colors of the pears etc. It is hard after so many Christmas things to think of something.
    Always enjoy seeing your home!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy- I love everything!!!!! So many detail, so beautifully done. The hurricanes are a real treasure! And the plates... what fun to have and use. So well done!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refreshing and fun with all those pears!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a way to start the new year~it would be such a special treat to sit at your table.
    I love the pear touches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your table! Everything looks amazing. I also like your chandelier. Is it electric? I'm thinking it is for candles. Love it. --Delores

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty table! I love the pears and those litle wreaths on the chairs are just adorable. Also the color scheme you've chosen is very nice. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so pretty! Love the napkin holders and the pears just made me smile. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I did enjoy it! I love the shape of the mugs! They would be perfect for morning coffee!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peggy, very pretty table with all the green...something we won't see for months!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how pretty! THis all comes together in such a charming way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.