#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A turn of events

So much has happened in the past week that I hardly know where to begin. Just last Thursday I was pondering this:tenn 10.11 002
I had cleaned out some flower pots and after I dumped my sweet potato vine I saw a red bump. When I dug it up I discovered sweet potato tubers.
     Then on Friday I got a call from my son Ryan in Tennessee that he had just sent his wife by ambulance to the University of Tennessee Medical Center who was unresponsive and had what looked like a stroke. Jenny is only 34 and I spent the longest 3 hours of my life waiting for a call from Ryan to see what had happened. It turned out to be a tia caused by migraines which mimic stoke symptoms. We dropped everything and drove to Tennessee on Saturday. It was scary for awhile when she couldn’t talk but she rapidly improved.
    Jenny got out of the hospital and is better but still having some memory problems finding the right word sometimes which may last a week or more. She will see a neurologist soon.
   It was fun to see Sara and Sean again. Sara is walking all over the place now and Sean is as sweet as ever. tenn 10.11 005
tenn 10.11 018
On Thrusday we traveled to Chris’ in Boiling Springs and on Friday went to Penn State to a concert by the Blue Band. This is Dan’s first year playing cornet in the band and they put on a wonderful concert. They have many half time shows which encompass a variety of musical styles. tenn 10.11 031
tenn 10.11 032
We left after the concert and didn’t arrive home until after one last night. This morning I woke up to our first snow. tenn 10.11 048
tenn 10.11 045

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.