#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Hello, September

My favorite time of year is coming up. The fall season is full of beautiful weather and gorgeous colors. I guess I’ve always liked the excitement of going back to school. I did it for 12 years as a school student, 4 years as a college student and 35 1/2 years as a teacher. There was nothing like the first day of school. New things to learn, new people to meet, such excitement. Now that I’m retired for ten years I hardly notice when the school buses begin rolling down the street. 
  One thing I always liked was getting back in to a routine after a scattered summer schedule. It was time to organize, to set things right, to have a plan. It was like other people’s new year’s resolutions. It was a fresh start to the year for me. I’m taking advantage of the final warm days by trying to spend as much time as possible outdoors. All too soon those winter winds will have us huddled in our warm homes.
  Things will seem more peaceful in September. The landscaping is finally completed and Rose’s celebration is over. The hoopla is past and now I can look forward to fall activities. I love Literary Club and look forward to a year when I can sit back and just enjoy the meetings after being president for two years. I’m also planning to get back to an exercise routine after taking the summer off completely.
  What are your fall plans?watercolortree

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous7:19 PM

    I too feel that September is a better New Year than January. I have so many resolutions that I need to whittle them down to three or less.

    I miss the people at school but not the treadmill of daily employment. I love retirement and enjoy ever day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just gonna go with the flow and enjoy the beauty of what Fall brings us:)


    Happy Autumn!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.