#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Outside changes

living is not enough

Do you decorate for fall? Inside and outside? Or do you hang a wreath on the door and call it decorating? I’ve always been the one that really overdoes it. Pumpkins, gourds, and leaves would fill every available space. You can’t have too many decorations, can you? But this year all the decorations didn’t make it out of the bins. I was very selective. But still there are plenty. This year I moved a stand from my kitchen and put it out by the door. 

fall 9.19.12 009 


There are candy corn lights on the vine too. 

fall 9.19.12 018






My back door has an apple wreath and there is pot of mums by the door too. 


fall 9.19.12 016


"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. 
So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air.
-  Nathaniel Hawthorne


"I love the fall.  I love it because of the smells that you speak of; and also because things are dying,
things that you don't have to take care of anymore, and the grass stops growing."
-  Mark Van Doren

"The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly 
changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools."
-   Henry Beston, Northern Farm

1 comment :

  1. I love decorating, at my rental house on School Street, I was always decorating in and outside my home. Loved the Fall more than anything.

    You are doing great with your selections there Peggy!!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.