#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Pains of an unknown source

The things about old age that nobody told me....(I could write a book on that).  One of them is pain. Our knees, shoulders, and hips start to wear out at our age. I and a lot of my friends have had knee surgeries, meniscus or even replacements. Some have had hip replacements too. And recently one friend had a shoulder replaced. It is a miracle that joints can be repaired like that to eliminate suffering. So far my joints are holding up pretty well. But recently I have had shoulder pain for an unknown reason. The doctor believes it might be a frozen shoulder caused by not using that left shoulder very often to raise my arm. So I’ve been exercising and taking ibuprofen in case it is an inflammation. So far it still hurts when I raise it. If the pain doesn’t go away soon I’ll look into doing more about it.  Not only that but for the past few days I have had a sore hip which responded to capsaicin heat pads. Other than that my health has held up well. I recently got the first dose of a shingles shot. My sister Linda had shingles and it was not fun so I’ll avoid it at all costs. Sorry to bore you with my health stories (we all have them, don’t we?)
   Are you making Thanksgiving plans? We will be going to Chris’ and I am bringing the turkey and making the stuffing. I’ll also make a corn casserole that we all love. It will be Chris and Wendy’s first holiday as a married couple. I love it when the family gets together.
   

We were expecting a snowstorm last night but all we got is a few inches...just normal for this time of year. Winter is here. When I talk to my southern relatives it’s hard for them to imagine we have snow already although this cold front extends all the way to Tennessee. Now that the bears might be in hibernation it’s time we started feeding the birds. 

2 comments :

  1. I hear you! Some physical therapy might be called for if your shoulder doesn't get better soon. I use Blue Emu for aches and pains, Australian Back Cream for back and hip pain, and finally bought the big guns--CBD oil--for bad knee pain. All of it helps, temporarily. Just try to avoid falling in the snow and ice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're having pains, Peggy! I hope that you are feeling less pain by now! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.