#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Decorating and shopping

I have been busy getting the house decorated for Christmas.  And I’ve been letting go. In an attempt to make life a little easier for us I have culled through our decorations and have some in the car ready to donate. All of the white icicle lights which once stretched the whole length of the house are now going to be a blessing to someone else. Neither Don nor I are able to climb up on a ladder to put them up. We are making the outdoor decorations simple with a wreath on both our doors and two wreaths on the picket fence. I also plan to cut fresh greenery to put in an urn on the porch. I am also going through the decorations that I didn’t bring out to use this year and plan to donate those too. 
      I feel like I am moving into a different stage of my life. No longer do I have the energy that I once had. I want to make life as simple as I can now. And that includes simplifying the ways I used to do things. 


3 comments :

  1. Oh, Peggy, me too! Even though I gave away lots of Christmas decor when we moved to Florida, last year I gave away 5 big boxes. And I've been really trying to simplify things even more this year, keeping out only the things I love the most, which are my vintage tree collection and vintage ornaments. And some year I might not unpack anything except the one big Christmas tree and just buy pots of flowering plants to sit around. I don't have the energy I used to have even two years ago. But I imagine if I'm blessed to still be here 5 years from now that I'll look back and wish I had the energy that I do now, right? But the point is to enjoy Christmas in a way that's right for us and that might change every year.

    I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, Peggy,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do go through my decorations too. If it doesn't make my heart sing I donate it. My holidays are a lot happier when my decorating is more manageable. John is happier too since he is the one who has to haul the totes downstairs and then carry them back up stairs for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wise to me, Peggy! I'm noticing changes myself, but I'm trying to accept them with gratitude. Your home looks lovely, as always (Working backwards again).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.